Zangmo has been inspirational and encouraging. Very often, I have doubts of my abilities to paint, but my time with Zangmo has shown me how I can understand and address these debilitating thoughts that can inhibit my creativeness and the need to express myself.
During my 3 day retreat you helped me to identify counterproductive habits that have been inhibiting my growth. I felt that we made real progress and that I left with a different outlook on what I want to get out of the next chapter in my life.
Your experience as a practicing artist, teacher and coach combined with the fact that you wasted no time in getting down to what really matters to me meant that this was a very valuable 3 days and money well spent. Thank you!
Georgina B, London
These sessions have helped me to define my broad goals, to set short term targets and to find the confidence to expand and explore my work as a textile artist.
Creativity Coach Suffolk
How can you be more creative in a way that comes from the deepest and most authentic part of you?
When we are blocked or straining to be someone else's idea of what we should be, it is really difficult for genuine creativity to flow naturally. We can feel resistant, anxious, frozen and stuck.
Mindfulness Based Creativity Coaching sessions with me can help you safely learn to relax, be aware and present.
Creating while present can free a tremendous amount of energy for authentic, deeply satisfying expression and compassionate appreciation of life as it unfolds.
Creativity is what we do, and is not limited to art. It can be anything. Creative self expression can become a journey of self discovery in which you learn to rest in the essence of who you really are and create naturally from that.
About Zangmo Alexander
A qualified, experienced Life Coach, Creativity Coach, Art Teacher, Mindfulness Teacher and Artist, I offer confidential, supportive long and short term Mindfulness Based Creativity Coaching to anyone wishing to be more themselves, awake, aware and creative.
Mindfulness and meditation have been long term practices over twenty years. I have received, and continue to receive Shamatha, Mahamudra and Dzogchen teachings from revered Tibetan masters and was ordained as a Buddhist nun from 2007-2014. I have also completed an 8 week secular Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy course with the University of Bangor.
I have a deep understanding and experience of the challenges and joys of creative processes in the visual arts and in life generally. I have 30 years' experience supporting clients in discovering fresh ways to integrate their deepest values with authentic, creative self expression in any art or photography medium and more widely in their work and personal life.
A member of The Association for Coaching and the Creativity Coaching Association, I abide by their professional code of conduct.
Who is Mindfulness Based Creativity Coaching for?
Anyone willing to go for it wanting to move forward in personal or professional life where creativity, in whatever form, is an important element.
- Aspiring or experienced creative people - wanting to personal self discovery and/or finding authentic and meaningful ways to express themselves creatively
- You may be at the starting post wanting to start finding ways to be more creative
- Perhaps you are picking up an interest put down many years ago and unsure of where to start
- You might feel stuck, blocked, confused or unsure of how to free yourself and move forward
- Professional creatives wanting to move their practice forward - coaching can include start up and moving an existing business forward. Often, self employed creatives do not have business skills and need to learn them if they are to make a living.
- Anyone in life's many transitions who wants to live more fully, creatively and authentically
- Maybe you are going through a life transition such as returning to doing art after a gap to raise a family or do other work, divorce, illness, mid life crisis, career change or retirement
- Maybe you are wishing to build confidence and self esteem
- Clarify life purpose and meaning
- Discover a new lifestyle balance
- Develop a project
How can Creativity Coaching help me?
Depending on your interests and needs, we can work at deeply personal levels and also at very practical, nuts and bolts levels – they are not mutually exclusive and are often both needed!
- Work through the blocks, procrastination, resistance, fear, anxiety and negative beliefs sabotaging your personal, creative and professional development
- Clarify what is really important, authentic and meaningful in life for you – what are your core values, aspirations, goals and beliefs that make life worth living and creative work worth doing?
- Maybe you are deeply wishing to reconnect with your love of doing art that you experienced many years ago and need support with this to find confidence, focus or learn skills while you get yourself going doing art work.
- Mindful Creativity Coaching can be part of a path of healing, self discovery and personal development, enabling you to find a way to sustain combining doing creative activity with chronic illness such as ME, MS, physical disability, clinical depression and stress. While I am not an art therapist, I do offer therapeutic approaches integrating mindfulness, meditation, spiritual counselling, art teaching and life coaching to help you connect with and express your deepest self.
- Are you wanting to go professional with creative practice but not sure how to do this? If you are a creative professional, you may be wanting support with business plans, or professional development to move your business forward, deepen and progress your creative work, change direction in what you are doing or market your work.
- Time Management and prioritising: Often we have a lot going on in our lives, and women in particular find difficulty making time to nourish themselves through doing drawing, painting or other creative art activities. If you are really keen to integrate doing art into you life, creativity coaching can support you in learning to balance creative work with other areas of your life, such as relationships, physical health, social and family life.
- Creativity Coaching can be part of your CPD, tailor made to cater for what you would like to explore and learn.
Flexible Times and Places for Creativity Coaching Sessions
Creativity Coaching Sessions with me are available as follows:
- Duration from 1 hour sessions to Creativity Coaching retreats of up to two weeks for working intensively on issues
- Totally personalised sessions available daytime, evening and weekends
- Sessions can be face to face, or by phone, facebook messenger, email or Skype, so you can have sessions with me from anywhere in the world.